Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Cookie Bars


Hello everyone,


I's official: It's fall. I love the colorful leaves, the pumpkins, the soft warm light and the cups of hot chocolate. What I definitely don't like are the foggy, rainy days... But I found a way to make me feel better on those days: I'll put on my comfy sweater, turn on the radio and spend my days in the kitchen baking some sweet treats.


This weekend I tried something new, inspired by the georgous Tieghan from Half Baked Harvest, I made some Oatmeal Chocolate Cookie Bars. And it's definitely worth a try!

Ingredients:


2,5 cups oats
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup coconut oil
2 eggs
1 cup chocolate
Cinnamon/Vanilla

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 175 C° degrees. Line a baking dish with baking paper. Add the oats to your stand mixer and blend them for a few seconds.

In a large bowl  combine the oatmeal, the whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking soda, melted coconut oil, eggs and vanilla or cinnamon and beat until the dough holds together. Add about 1 cup of chocolate chunks (or more if you like)
Fill the cookie dough in the baking dish. Sprinkle some more chocolate to the top. 
Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Then let them cool for about 30 minutes.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment