My daily breakfast routine II - Overnight Chia Oats

Hello Lovelies,

Definitly another of my alltime favorites: Overnight Chia Oats. I like it during summer when I want something refreshing and cold for breakfast or on busy days when I can just grab it out of the fridge and eat it inmediatly or take it to university. Like oatmeal, the recipe is simple and you can prepare it easily the evenig before. The oats and the chia seeds need to soak a little bit, so it's the best - like the name says - to let it soak overnight.
You can vary the spices and the different ingredients: You can use any milk you like (I really love hazelnut milk, has somebody tried it yet?) and add spices like cinnamon, cloves or vanilla. And maybe on top some banana? Or apple, or maybe blueberries? Oh and don't forget some nuts - maybe almonds? Or do you prefer pumpkin seeds? ;)



Like I said you can change the recipe daily to find out "your perfect one". But to help you, here's my basic recipe:

5 Taplespoons of Oats
2 Teaspoons of chia seed
1/2 cup milk of your choice

Optional:

Cinnamon, Vanilla, Cacao
Honey, stevia or sweetener of your choice
Fruits
Nuts and seeds

Mix the oats, the chia seeds and the milk (and optional the spices or the sweetener) together and stir it again after 10 minutes. Then just put it into the fridge, go to bed, dream about your delicious, healthy breakfast, get up, cut some fruits, add it to your overnight-chia oats and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment